Tuesday, April 28, 2009

LAST WEDNESDAY NIGHT Shhhhhhhhhhhh...........

I don’t know where to start with. Ok let’s begging from here. On 22nd of April that is last wednesday after a long time I started doing something unusual in my life. Guess what!!! I started reading novel. The name of this book is “The Kite Runner”, It is one of the best sellers. It is first time in my life when I am reading something which is not a part of my academics and not even comics. I am hooked into reading it.
Yesterday lights went off around say for 20 minutes. It came at 12.12am that night. I was so much involved in reading the novel that I continued doing the same after the current came. I completed more than 20 pages in that one hour. I was wearing white slacks it is almost like any hot shots and a copper sulphate colored cotton T-shirt. Everyone in my room accept me felt asleep. I was busy into reading. I was facing to my bed not the ceiling. My bed is in the middle of the room and perpendicular to two adjacent windows. The windows having two pairs one opened outwards which made of glass and other opened inwards which is more of a net kind. Cold breeze was entering our room through these windows. All the three windows of our room were wide open. By the time I was about to complete the seventh chapter, I heard a sound of hitting something DHAAD. I suddenly turned back and looked through our windows. There was nothing apart from a maroon colored four wheeler sorry I didn’t notice the brand. Every time they supposed to park it parallel to our wall. But yesterday night it was parked obliquely. At 1.32am I ended up my reading for the day and prepared to sleep. I switched off the light and had a glass of water and went to sleep.
I was facing the two adjacent windows. I was not feeling sleepy. I was lying down and looking outside through the windows. The street light of that side was not working that day. Suddenly I saw a man’s head raised from downwards from other side of the window. I was shocked. I cried out silently in my mind. I could have reacted in another way round by shouting loudly. But I couldn’t. My eyes were wide open. He got down. I was trembling. Again he did the same. This time I was continuously looking at him as I knew he couldn’t recognize me that I am watching him in that dark. He seems to be a middle aged man, build slim and height may be approx. 5ft 7”. Whenever a car or some vehicle is passing nearby he put his head down. As he put his head down for the second time, I took my bed sheet which was beneath my pillow and covered myself. I slowly scrolled downwards and stretched my legs and pushed of the net windows which was opened and got up quickly and locked it. The second window was difficult to lock as a rope was hanging through it.
By the time suddenly one of our PG mates came. She was having a night shift. Her cab came to drop her. I had no idea what to do. How to inform them? When she entered inside the pg I messaged her. Saying, “I saw a thief near our window.” I did that by keeping my mobile in silent mode and was hiding the screen with another hand so that the light couldn’t spread throughout the room and the thief couldn’t recognize it. I was shaking at that time. She knocked my door, I was shaking somehow I wore my slippers and went to open the door and I got outside my room. I told her the entire thing. It was around 2am. She took an initiative and said she will close the second window. As soon as we entered the room both of us saw the person again but this time he was little away from the window. We could see him up to his chest. We quickly closed the door and remained outside the room. We called up our caretaker other roommates. Some were afraid even to come to our room. We thought of calling police by dialing 100, then thought of calling someone from wipro office to inform the traffic police who is close to our area. While we were discussing what to do suddenly we heard dogs barking and the noise faded. We got a signal that the thief went away. Almost all of the pg mates entered our room discussed for a while and we closed all the 3 windows. Although it was too hot we had to close them. We had no other options left after facing such a situation.
All went to sleep. I was still not able to overcome the situation. My eyes were still open in that dark room. I was wondering if any third person is there in the room. I tried harder by still I couldn’t sleep. It was dawn. The next day began. Birds were chirping. But still I can even close my eyes for a minute. Now I can understand we are afraid of nothing than humans. We are afraid of people like us. He did nothing harm to me but his one glance shacked me and I couldn’t sleep that night. Lots of thought came to my mind. My mind was blocked with all those stuffs and I couldn’t stop myself sharing this with you people. Nothing much big but still something that needed to be shared.

5 comments:

Sourajeet said...

Kajori.. thts need a lots of dare to face the problem alone... u showed that u hv the "Girl Power" with the sense of situation...

Anonymous said...

hey thts really gud u r makin an attempt to share ur experiences..this one is really scary...i wud hv shouted til d traffic police dint cum!!!!!!!1!!!;)

Piyush Unnithan said...

Kaju, I have always believed in what you just mentioned in your write up. The most dangerous thing in the world is tha man himself. But you have to be more brave 'coz now you will be going out and staying alone. There are some remedies that I will tell you that you can follow, that I will tell you over the email otherwise everybody will get to know. But just remember, in any case of emergency just dial 100. You have to call the police. Abide by the laws as much as possible. Take Care. And Keep sharing your views....

Karizmatic Kajori said...

Hey Shorya thanks dude for your comments. Thanks for the respect to showed to me :)

Hey thanks Sweta for the comments. I am trying to share as much as I can through this blog. Ya but geting little time to write here.

Hey Piyush maharaj Aap ki baaton ka dhan rakhenge. Aur tu agar ass pass hi rahta to Police ko bulane ke pehle Piyush ko hi bula lete. teri Body building ko dekh ke yo chor bhag hi jata...... Just kidding I will definitely do the sem watever u mentioned

Ramprasad said...

"Have power over your fear, before it scared you", and you did it. I can feel the moments what u experienced that night. It was a really scary night and you came out of it ur own.As I Know u, u r little bit scared in every work form childhood but I can bet u in future if any thing happens like this then ur fear will decrease by 99% from ur this experience. That night made u brave and strong and u have to be more.

One Thing I Noticed, The way of narration was so nice. Write something like novel. Share ur experience in it.

Waiting for ur next post